Monday, June 19, 2006

Masters PIR 2/19/6

22 laps of a 2 mile flat course with the 1/2/3’s that are 30 or older.

Super boring. And not good, either. I rode near the front and filled gaps just to try to keep it together, thinking I know how to sprint. Then I set up poorly for the first prime and lost it. With a subsequent break off the front, I wasn’t taking pulls very generously and a guy from HFV (Saul) gave me some grief, so I pulled through a couple times like a good sport and then noticed that he wasn’t pulling through. So I went back to him, asked him where he was and glued myself to his wheel for about half an hour. It was kind of childish, but kind of funny. One time he let a gap form in front of him, and I swear it was for my sake, so I sprinted around him and bridged, leaving him to fill it for himself. Ah, fun. Afterwards, we had a handshake and a smile about it. It’s all fun and games. A threesome went at 3 laps to go, and I was too stubborn to fill yet another gap. So was everyone else. So they won. We all lost. I did shitty in the sprint for 4th, too. (FYI: when there’s a headwind in the sprint at PIR, setting up 3rd wheel is no good… be like 8th or 9th. Now you know.) All in all, a forgettable day. Bene was right behind me. Without the legs to win, there wasn’t much we could do for each other, I think. We both hung in and got decent pack finishes. Bo. Ring. But it was 1:33 at 180 bpm average with countless jumps. Good workout.

PS yeah, this was my first Masters race. Old.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. He is old... MY NAME IS MARK.

6:45 AM  
Blogger MCB said...

who did that? I don't know anybody with that much free time!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home