Sunday, November 12, 2006

Crusade #6 (I guess I’ll skip #5)

Wow I’m blogging the night of a race. Damn, I must be in a good mood. Yeah, I am. Today not only went well (7th place) but also, it was super fun. I was just really enjoying racing my bike.

Okay, needs mentioning: Veloshop has lost its freaking mind. We’re huge, we’re pink and oh shit we’re loud. It’s crazy to be out there racing by you freaks. At Horning’s Hideout, Anderson yells at me “Don’t spoil Christmas, Mark!” and has me slowing to look back and ask “Wha?” At Barton Park, Tommy screams “Blackwelder I want to have your children!” and cracks my shit up. Giving that guy coffee is like adding sugar to syrup. Today I have Robin and a pack of maniacs running all around me down the course prodding me to go faster, faster, faster. And that’s just isolated incidents. The whole team is amazing. You people blow my mind. You’re the air in my tires.

Yeah, things were sweet. I got called up for my 13th place series standing and it put me in a good mood right away. I just eat up stuff like that. Oh, and check this crap out! (click on Next Issue) Wow! How’d that happen???? And do I always make that face? I just wish it showed me on my Lapierre. I hadn't heard about it and got to the race and everyone was calling me Poster Child and Rockstar and stuff. I thought they were putting me on.

I can’t believe I woke up in Vegas this morning. Cab to the airport, plane ride, cab to SE, grab my stuff and get to the race. Seemed like a recipe for disaster… but nope. I love it when a plan comes together.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you really on a magazine cover? That pic is super cool! I don't know how you can race after a weekend in Vegas. Fuck. (yes, I realize I'm overdoing that joke)

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home