Monday, September 04, 2006

Some Weak-Ass “Cross” Race 9/4/6

What was ‘cross’ about this, besides the bikes? Not much. No rain. No barriers. No real runnup (just some sandy incline that I, personally, lacked the skill to ride… but others had that skill… kudos). No shivering in a bush with a cup of lukewarm coffee one minute and then sprinting off the start line and into the mud the next. But am I glad I raced it? Hell yeah. My splits may have been going up, but each time I went around (6 total), I screwed up less often, until, by the end, I was pretending I could actually ride 5-inch-deep-in-dust singletrack (I can’t). I’m still learning this crap, and today was a great lesson, especially if what ‘they’ say is true: that deep dust is harder to handle than mud. Is that why I was pissed that it wasn’t mud…? No, it’s probably because mud that the guy in front of you rides through doesn’t vaporize and end up in your lungs. Hack.

Alright, I got practice in the morning, so I’m out. But, I was thinking while, wait... excuse me... Hack.

HACK!

umm… I was thinking about it while racing today… are these the most perfect ‘cross anthem lyrics or what? Put this in your pipe and race it:
"
I been patiently waiting for a track to explode on
You get stunned if you want and yo ass'll get rolled on
A fuse like my flows been hot for so long
If you thinking I'ma fuckin’ fall off you so wrong
"
you SO WRONG.

6 Comments:

Blogger MCB said...

'cuz I'll breakyaface.

10:45 PM  
Blogger MCB said...

crash into me, muhfucka? ...I breakyaface.

(that line'll never get old)

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally,

The " Devil Went Down to Georgia" pumps me up.

Mark was killing it up there as usual.

Best quote from Mark for the week,

"Thad is remouting quicker than you, ON HIS FIXIE"

Mark is always good for a dose of reality. What the hell HAVE I been doing all this time, those remounts were pretty weak......

12:39 PM  
Blogger Caroline P said...

On Monday I checked in at Ape Canyon, where I got schooled by deep sand and pumice. Talk about maddening trying to pedal uphill in deep sand... WAY more difficult than pedaling through mud.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Caroline P said...

On Monday I checked in at Ape Canyon, where I got schooled by deep sand and pumice. Talk about maddening trying to pedal uphill in deep sand... WAY more difficult than pedaling through mud.

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah right mark.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home