Thursday, June 29, 2006

Alpenrose Thurs. 6/29/6

Again, I didn’t feel like racing… what’s wrong with me? I got it together to ride to the track and just see how I felt. I got there and Candi says, “There’s already 20 something 3’s. You want to race with the 1/2’s?” Me: “If I can hang with them, can I be a 2?” Her: “Okay.” Me: “Yesssss.” Now my day had a purpose…

Miss and Out: I’m not sure I like this race. Jockeying for position is not a matter of asking. It’s insisting. It’s kind of gnarly. Anyways, I rode, I think, a smart race, expending a lot of energy to not get clipped; and choosing breaking a lot of wind over risking a miss. It worked, because I lasted until it was me, Steve and Taylor. I knew that was all I could ask for. And when they went… yikes.

Tempo: I got out there, attacked early in the 4th lap, aiming as I often do to simply avoid the shutout, took the points and then I realized that they had given me enough room that I could take some more. I dug deep and stayed out for a few more laps. When I came back in, don’t tell anybody, but I almost couldn’t stay with the group. That elastic was straining bigtime. Whoops. But I held that wheel (digging way deep) and I recovered to take a few more points later en route to another 3rd.

Points race: raced pretty smart, I think, for a relatively uneventful 3rd.

So, what happens when you get 3rd three times in a row behind the same two thoroughbreds? You get 3rd. Nice. And in this case, you go home a Cat 2.

Oh, and by the way, I raced Tabor in my short sleeves last night and, well, you know the story. I am now racing either in my skinsuit or not at all... and I'm changing my blog's name to honor my lucky kit.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark's a girl.

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoop! Nice work in the 2's. That will be one smelly skin suit...but boy will it look good.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A thoroughbred? You are too nice.

3:59 PM  
Blogger MCB said...

Steve-o, are you kidding? You look just like the Godolphin Arabian. Spitting image. He he.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home